If you own JUNO tokens, you can easily stake them to earn passive return of 100%+ currently in this first year (actual rate fluctuate daily). After the first year, JUNO staking yield will drop to 40% and gradually taper to just above inflation. JUNO tokens can be obtained via the Osmosis DEX decentralized exchange. This tutorial will focus on how to stake them. How to obtain JUNO tokens on Osmosis is covered in a separate tutorial. If you need to get a quick summary of what JUNO is, check out Juno’s main site and its blog.
Before we start staking JUNO, you’ll need to have the following:
1. Chrome web browser — you’ll need Chrome browser to use the Keplr wallet. Keplr is the most recommended self-custody wallet for Cosmos-compatible tokens such as JUNO, ATOM, LUNA, OSMO, and many others.
2. Keplr wallet Chrome extension — you can download the Keplr wallet Chrome extension at https://keplr.app. No, that’s not a misspelling. It’s not kepler.app or keplr.com. If you feel more comfortable trusting Google, go ahead and search for “keplr wallet” on Google. The 1st search result should direct you to https://wallet.keplr.app
3. JUNO tokens already in your Keplr wallet — how to obtain JUNO tokens or how to transfer it to your wallet from Osmosis is covered in a separate tutorial.
To stake JUNO tokens, follow these simple steps.
1. Go to Omniflix staking dashboard for Juno using Chrome: https://juno.omniflix.co/stake
2. Click on Connect button at the top right to connect your Keplr wallet.
3. Keplr wallet should pop up with a prompt for you to approve connecting your Keplr wallet with the juno-1 network. Simply click Approve.
4. The Connect button on Omniflix should now switch to Disconnect to indicate that your Keplr wallet has been connected. You can also verify your wallet address at the top.
5. Select your favorite validator node to stake. For our example, we’ll use Stakepile. Click the Delegate button next to our Stakepile listing
6. On the Delegate Tokens pop-up screen, enter the amount you want to stake. Do NOT enter the max token amount that you have. Always make sure to leave about 0.5 JUNO available in your wallet at all times to cover transaction fees.
7. Click Delegate
8. Keplr wallet should pop up with a prompt for you to approve the staking transaction. Leave the default transaction fee at average and click Approve.
9. Keplr should take 1–3 seconds to process the transaction.
10. When you see the notification “transaction successful”, you’ve completed the staking steps and should start earning JUNO rewards.
11. Check Omniflix Dashboard in a few days to see your rewards growing. You’ll need to either claim the rewards or simply stake the rewards to keep adding to your stake. You can claim and stake your rewards in 1 transaction (recommended) by simply staking your reward amount.
Note that JUNO has a 28-day unbonding period if you ever need to unstake your tokens.